13/08/2009

Tweeting to Oxford

Am in Oxford now. Lizzy (my sister) is getting married in two days. She had a rehearsal of the ceremony this evening and since I'm doing a reading my presence was requested.

If you take a look at the 'where i've been map' at the top of the blog you should see a line of postings roughly following the rail line between London and Oxford. That was me this afternoon trying out ways of updating my location in preparation for the trip. I used twitter on iPhone (tweetie) and then got my brother Rob to use the 'add to my maps' function on google maps to record this onto the map.

Whats so good about this? Well, when I have iPhone reception i(which will be remarkably often. I'll be able to update my location via twitter and even when not I will probably still be able to do it with the satelite phone. What's not so good it that it is such a long winded and clunky system. After all I'm supplying location based data to twitter and you would think there'd be some kind of mash up by now that should allow me to feed this direct onto the map and record a log of when I've been where. If anyone knows a way of doing this I'd be very interested.

Here is Lizzy receiving instructions from the priest.

... and here is my reading,

"If I have not love, I gain nothing.

Earnestly desire the higher gifts. And I will show you still more excellent ways

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have nit love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned but have not love I gain nothing

Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends"

(Corinthians I)

No comments:

Post a Comment