07/09/2009

On blogging

"For this purpose I determined to keep an account of the voyage and to write down punctually everything we performed or saw from day to day, as will hearafter appear"
(Christopher Columbus)

As you may have noticed dear reader I am not being as punctual as the famous explorer, but do promise to keep bring in you the goods. I'm writing it on my iPhone from my tent mort nights or in my shady tree spots. The difficulty is finding WiFi to upload it with. 'Water' was finished of a few days ago but i've only just found the first internet since Maun (i'm in Rakops now) and there is no WIfi so I had to transcribe it all (tokk about three quarter of an hour) so apologies if posts are a little out of date. I'll try to keep them in the correct order though.

Thanks again for all your encouraging texts and emails. They really do help spur me on. I got a bit stung by my phone company today so may have to be a little less responsive from now on, but please don't think i'm not reading them I am (and they are free for me to recieve)

I will be returning on Sunday the 27th and was thinking of seeing who is about later that week either to go out for dinner (has to be chakalaka in Putney) or it there are loads interested perhaps just to a pub somewhere. Maybe the Wednesday or Thursday? So email me if you can make it and i'll start making a list in my journal.

Hope you all well. Thanks again for the support.

Steve

2 comments:

  1. stevie... that guy is Critobal Colon... he was from Spain.. so that is his real name...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha yes so you've heard of him. He's quite famous in England too!

    ReplyDelete